Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 08/05/14 Closes: 08/19/14
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
The University of Baltimore’s (UB) Office for Human Resources is looking for a Human Capital Management (HCM) Functional Analyst and Supervisor with strong employment/payroll/position management experience with knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.0. The position’s primary activities include developing functional requirements and coordinating resolution of production issues related to job data, payroll and position management.
The successful candidate will:
• Serve as the primary production/functional support analyst for UB’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
• Triage and resolve complex system and/or application issues related to workforce administration, recruitment, payroll, position data, and related functions.
• Effectively partner with Offices of Budget, Finance, Comptroller, Payroll and Technology Services (OTS) staff and subject matter experts.
• Define roles in upgrades and conversions; document changes, test modifications; monitor data conversion and develop user training.
• Oversee the creation and execution of test plans, evaluate results and recommend solutions.
• Research and perform quantitative data analysis across the range of functions using standard reporting tools, data extraction tools, surveys, and data reporting mechanisms. Develop key measurements, trends and benchmarks reports and analysis.
• Research, develop, orient and implement improved business processes.
• Supervise the work of two HR Associates primarily responsible for HCM transactions. Partner with an HRIS Functional Development Lead
• Positively impact and support end users while streamlining and improving current business and transactional processes. Communicate with other project team members and campus managers to ensure appropriate integration of processes and modules across the enterprise.
Required minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with a minimum of 5 five years direct and progressive experience in an HRIS functional role. Two years of demonstrated experience in developing business metrics, and two years management experience with ERP systems such as PeopleSoft. Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases concepts and associated reporting and metrics development.
This role reports to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources in addition to performing in collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Finance. Partnerships with the Budget Office, Position Management, Finance, Comptroller’s Office/Payroll, Office of Technology Services, etc. are included in this matrix reporting model.
Preferred experience includes two years in a progressively responsible lead and/or supervisory role related to an enterprise resources system; two years in a higher education/university environment utilizing PeopleSoft ERP.
We are also looking for demonstrated skills, knowledge and abilities in all or a combination of the following areas: theoretical and practical aspects of developing and utilizing statistical methodologies to measure business data and evaluate outcome metrics against strategic goals; developing/utilizing various forms of communication with a highly diverse organization; working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team made up of various constituents including HR, IT, faculty, research and business professionals, in addition to contract/contingent workforce members; managing duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine; and possessing customer service, communication and organizational skills.
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.