Every art, science and technique has a history. Learn more about the one that drives you.
The research skills and intellectual habits you'll develop by studying history can enhance your success, no matter your major. And take advantage of this opportunity to explore the history of your own field.
History majors are not eligible for this minor.
Requirements and Guidelines
- This minor requires you to have completed at least 24 credits with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- You may use a maximum of 6 credits to satisfy both major (degree) and minor requirements. Transfer students may transfer as many as 6 credits into the minor, but must take a minimum of 9 credits toward the minor at UB.
- You must earn at least a C (2.0) in each course you apply to the minor.
Minor Requirements (15 credits)
Choose two of the following:
- World History to 1500 (HIST101)
- World History Since 1500 (HIST102)
- Early America (HIST111)
- Modern America (HIST112)
- World History of Art to 1500 (HIST121)
- World History of Art From1500 (HIST122)
- Conflicts in History (HIST197)
Choose one of the following:
- The Historian's Toolkit (HIST 295)
- Introduction to Historiography (HIST 395)
And complete both of the following:
- one 200-level or higher HIST course (must be 3 credits)
- one 400-level or higher HIST course (must be 3 credits, may be HIST 492: Independent Study)
Faculty Contact: Professor Nicole Hudgins, 410.837.5303