Who we are ...
Focused on your future. Highly affordable. In the heart of Baltimore.
Knowledge That Works for you.
Learn more about the University of Baltimore's mascot, Eubie.
From its beginnings, the University has granted educational access to those who otherwise might be denied the opportunity: working adults, first-generation college students and those who require the flexibility not found in traditional college settings.
- 1925: The University of Baltimore was founded as a private night School of Law and College of Business Administration.
- 1937: A junior college was added.
- 1975: The University became a public institution under the Board of Trustees of State Universities and Colleges, shifting its structure to an upper-division undergraduate, master's-level and professional institution.
- 1988: UB joined the University of Maryland System (now known as the University System of Maryland).
- 2007: UB returned to four-year undergraduate education as part of the state's plan for higher education, in response to the increased demand for accessible, high-quality public education.
Read about UB's presidential history.