Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Regular, full-time non-exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 12/02/13 Re-opens: 12/02/13 Closes: 12/16/13
Salary: $38,171 - $47,000
The University of Baltimore is a campus undergoing a rapid transformation. We're doubling the size of the campus infrastructure—adding a new center for the School of Law; a privately-funded building for student housing and more. We’re recruiting for an experienced electrician to join our team of facilities professionals and play an essential role in supporting the university’s expansion. Compensation includes a full, competitive benefits package including tuition remission and paid leave benefits.
Under general supervision, perform high voltage electrical work at the journey level. Install and maintain electrical service ranging from low to high voltage. Install, repair and maintain transformers, generators, circuit breakers, conduits and panels across the campus. Document work done on Facility Maintenance System. This position is considered essential personnel.
• Four years of progressively responsible experience in the electrical trade, two years of which must have been in the installation and repair of high tension (13,000 volts and up) service switch gear and control wiring.
• High school diploma or GED.
• DLLR Journeyman certification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Comprehensive knowledge of and skill in the theory, principles, methods and techniques used in the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, and apparatus including Underwriters Rules for electrical wiring and installation of electrical equipment.
• Skill in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment of the electrical trade including testing equipment such as ohmmeters, battery and oscilloscopes.
• Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, drawings, and specifications; to prepare sketches and schematic drawings; to prepare summaries and reports; to communicate effectively and follow directions.
• Position may require employee to work in, on, over, under, or around fixed equipment and machinery, to work from lifts, ladders, or scaffolding, to manipulate heavy equipment, tools, and supplies and/or exert force up to 70 lbs, to work in hazardous or irritating environments, confined spaces, and adverse weather, and to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
• MS Office experience preferred.
TO APPLY: All applicants invited to interview will be expected to: (1) submit employment applications and (2) give the selection team authorization to conduct background checks. Both documents must be received before an in-person interview is conducted. Candidates selected for employment may be
subject to random drug testing, medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THESE FOUR PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: There are three questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer these three questions, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or using the Candidate Gateway online resume submission process, please call Human Resources at 410.837.5410 to ask for Candidate Gateway help or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.