Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 06/28/13 Closes: 07/15/13
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Serving in the University Budget office within the Division of Administration and Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst assists with the operational management of the University’s internal and external budgets, actively engaging in financial analysis, report and budget development and submission. Working collaboratively with its central university, the Senior Financial Analyst is a critical resource for the administrative finance offices in their integration of the budget planning function.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with the annual budget submission to the University System of Maryland.
• Assists with the development, management and monitoring of the University’s annual operating and capital budgets.
• Recommends budget policy and provides advice and assistance to the senior financial leadership and other administrators.
• Assists with the preparation of on-going financial projections for future fiscal years.
• Assists in the strategic planning process.
• As assigned, supervises budget adjustment processes.
• Assists with the preparation of variance analysis of actual expenditures to budget amounts.
• Recommends unit related operational goals, policies and procedures which comply with and enhance those of the University.
• As assigned, reviews and responds to internal and external requests for University budget information.
• Using the appropriate information technology, extract information necessary to generate accurate reports for the University decision making and planning, and for external entities that periodically request institutional-related financial data.
• Serves on ad hoc committees and task forces, etc., as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business is required while an MBA or master’s degree in finance or accounting is strongly preferred. Successful candidates will have a minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in a financial business setting with two of the years in a management/leadership role. Progressive experience using financial and quantitative tools for modeling, analysis, reporting and the ability to think strategically and analytically, solve problems and make solutions orientated recommendations and decisions are essential. Additionally, proficiency working with an ERP/integrated technology, including data extraction and report development is desired. Experience acting with a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and the ability to project a professional and positive image of the institution, including strong oral and written skills are required. Prior experience in a higher education setting is helpful but not required.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THESE FOUR PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: There are three questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer these three questions, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or using the Candidate Gateway online resume submission process, please call Human Resources at 410.837.5410 to ask for Candidate Gateway help or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
The University of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.