Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Contingent I (contractual)
Opens: 09/26/13 Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: $26 - $29/hour
Under the administrative supervision of the Counseling Center Director, the candidate is expected to provide a broad range of clinical and outreach services which promote personal and professional growth among UB students with personal, social and academic concerns.
* Have general knowledge of developmental issues in college populations
* Demonstrated competence in providing short-term counseling and crisis intervention to traditional and non-traditional aged college student populations
* Demonstrated effectiveness in counseling with a variety of racial/ethnic/cultural groups and diversities including multi-racial identity, gender, LGBTQI, etc
* Deliver individual, couples and group therapy and provide psychiatric referrals as necessary
* Participates in weekly staff meetings, disposition meetings and develops treatment plans in collaboration with the clinical staff
* Attends ongoing bi-weekly professional development meetings and as necessary participates in external continuing education programs.
* Have a general knowledge of military culture and psychosocial concerns of Veterans' transitioning from military service to life as a civilian college student.
* Identify high-risk patients and in collaboration with the Counseling Center Director and/or the Veteran Coordinator provide case management services.
* Utilize evidence-based practice models whenever relevant to provide best-practice treatment for Veterans.
* Provide short-term counseling for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury and provide referrals as necessary.
* Make recommendations to the counseling center team for appropriate psycho-social support.
* Engage in active outreach and rapport building with veteran and military students of the University of Baltimore via information tables, presentations, programs and services.
* Educate, outreach to and consult with students, parents/families, faculty, and staff regarding psycho-social needs of veteran and military students.
* Utilize community resources to assist with students’ psycho-social needs and facilitate referrals based upon Veterans needs and eligibility
* Support programming and services offered by the Veterans’ and Military Center at UB.
* Have a general knowledge of Veterans' benefit and services relating to special programs, service connected compensation, non-service connected pension.
* Develop active relationships with community and governmental agencies which provide programs, services and resources that benefit veterans and military students.
* Collaborate with veteran and military organizations (i.e. US Department of Veterans Affairs) in the provision of high quality support services to veteran and military students.
Licensed in Maryland as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical (LCSW-C), (1+) year experience providing psychological counseling and therapy to college students and or veterans transitioning out of the military.
Licensed as a clinical or counseling psychologist in Maryland AND (1+) year experience providing psychological counseling and therapy to college students and or veterans transitioning out of the military.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THESE FOUR PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: There are three questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer these three questions, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or using the Candidate Gateway online resume submission process, please call Human Resources at 410.837.5410 to ask for Candidate Gateway help or e-mail email@example.com.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.