Skip to content
Types of Assistantships
  • administrative assistant
  • lab assistant
  • professional intern
  • research assistant
  • Schaefer Center for Public Policy fellow
  • teaching assistant
Priority Deadlines
  • Fall semester: April 1
  • Spring semester: Sept. 15

Graduate Assistantships 

A graduate assistantship can help fund all or part of your tuition, and you'll gain academic, professional or research experience while working on campus and making progress toward your graduate degree or certificate.
  • Graduate assistants are generally hired for a regular academic year or for a semester.
  • Individual departments select their own graduate assistants, based on need and funding.
  • All assistantships are included your total financial aid award.

Current and incoming students can use the Career and Professional Development Center's UBworks system to search for and apply to graduate assistantships. Please contact the office sponsoring the graduate assistantship with any questions you may have.

To learn more, download the graduate assistantship handbook.

Last Published 1/7/16