You've served us. Now let us help serve you.
Did you know?
Even if you receive Veteran's Benefits, you can still file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). We encourage all students, especially Veterans, to file the FAFSA to take advantage of federal and state grants.
Students eligible for benefits through the Veterans Administration (VA) should contact the Office of Financial Aid before registration to make sure all VA paperwork is in order.
VA determines your eligibility for benefits. The VA will pay tuition and fee benefits to the University on your behalf. Other payments are paid to directly to you after the semester begins and certification is complete.
For specific information and "to do" lists based upon status, click on the appropriate link in the left-hand menu.
While attending UB and receiving VA Education Benefits, you should be aware of the following Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) regulations and student responsibilities:
- Complete all forms accurately and completely. The VA new veteran application process can take up to 9-12 weeks where peak processing time and errors may delay the process.
- You are required to pursue a degree/certificate program available at UB and approved for VA Educational benefits.
- Your declared degree program must match with both the DVA and UB.
- You are expected to make Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress toward completion of a degree, and you must comply with the academic standards of UB.
- You are responsible for reporting changes in enrollment that includes drops, adds, withdrawals, changes to audit, and changes degree objectives.
- You are responsible for any UB account balances and/or debts with the DVA.
- You are responsible to verify your enrollment on the last calendar day of the month with DVA, except for Chapters 31, 33 and 35.
- Payment of benefits will not be allowed for repeating a course for which transfer or a passing grade has been granted.
- Payment of benefits will not be allowed for courses not required in a degree program, course drops or for audited courses.
- You are required to have an evaluation of your prior college credits by submitting Official Transcripts to UB. The DVA may deny benefits if you do not comply.
VA Contact Information
For any questions regarding Veteran's benefits, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com.