Master of Public Administration Admission Requirements
- a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from a regionally accredited college or university or an undergraduate degree and a B average in 12 credits of graduate study
- proficiency in the use of office computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet and database programs, and of the Internet.
Applicants who do not meet all of these qualifications may, with the approval of the program's admission committee, be accepted if there is space available. Additional criteria may apply; see the UB Graduate Catalog for further information.
- fall semester admission: July 1
- spring semester admission: Dec. 1
summer session admission: April 1
(Core courses are offered online only during summer session.)
Applications received after the deadline dates will be considered depending on availability of space, strength of your credentials and sufficiency of time for processing.
- Online application. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $35 application fee. (To pay in-state tuition, you must submit the Maryland In-State Residency form). You can submit your Statement of Personal Interest electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcript(s). Request that an official transcript of all prior college or university work (including graduate courses, if applicable) be sent directly from each institution attended; electronic transcripts are encouraged.
- Letters of recommendation. Have two professors or employers submit letters of recommendation on your behalf; these should be sent in sealed envelopes with signatures across the sealed portion.
Send all materials to the University of Baltimore Office of Graduate Admission, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
For more information about graduate admission, please contact the Office of Graduate and International Admission and Enrollment at email@example.com or 410.837.6565.