Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 07/10/13 Closes: 07/24/13
Salary: $38,000 - $43,000
The Admission Counselor for Graduate Admission is the admission officer with responsibility for achievement of specific enrollment objectives for new graduate students in various programs at the University of Baltimore through recruitment, admission and enrollment activities. The admission counselor will serve in the Enrollment Management Division under the leadership of the Associate VP Admission.
The University of Baltimore is committed to a mission of access and affordability and seeks to enroll students who can succeed academically in its graduate programs. The Admission Counselor for Graduate Admission will play a significant role in the coordination of recruitment efforts and will, along with other admission officers, be responsible for achievement of the University’s enrollment objectives for new graduate students.
The Admission Counselor for Graduate Admission will work with the AVP Admission and academic Program Directors, as assigned, to plan, implement, and analyze recruitment and enrollment plans and strategies in support of achievement of enrollment objectives and goals. The admission counselor will cultivate prospective graduate students through individualized communications, recruitment events, presentations, individual campus interviews, chats, social media interaction, etc. The position coordinates recruitment activities directed to graduate prospects and applicants. The admission counselor coordinates the conversion of admitted to enrolled students with academic Program Directors, personnel in the College of Public Affairs, and personnel in the offices of Financial Aid, Registration and Student Affairs.
This position will focus on working with prospects and constituencies for graduate programs in the College of Public Affairs (subject to change depending upon office and University priorities).
• Achieve enrollment goals and objectives for new graduate students and support achievement of the University’s annual enrollment goals for all populations of students.
• Work with the AVP Admission, graduate program directors, advisors, and other staff to ensure that enrollment goals and strategies for each program are developed and implemented. Track progress towards enrollment goals and undertake activities that support the achievement of those goals.
• Work with others, as assigned, to implement marketing and communication strategies and initiatives for graduate enrollment.
• Support marketing, communication and enrollment strategies through coordination of initiatives with the Program Directors
• Work with others, as assigned, to draft, edit, and update communications for prospects, applicants and admitted students.
• Build the relationship between prospective students and the University in support of enrollment as a foundation for student success at UB.
• Manage the cultivation and recruitment of prospective students, applicants, and students admitted as graduate students to the University.
• Initiate and maintain communication with individual prospects and applicants.
• Conduct on-campus recruitment of graduate students through admission interviews, campus visits & tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
• Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled and walk-ins).
• Review applications for admission and monitor the admission profiles of incoming graduate students; facilitate communication between program directors and prospective students regarding admission policies and procedures; resolve exceptional applicant problems.
• Partner with the Office of Admission Technology to ensure the efficient and effective use of PeopleSoft admission database; Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology, and utilize reporting tools for enrollment and marketing;
• Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating work flow for graduate admission recruitment operations in general;
• Generate standard and ad hoc statistical reports and data exports;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and master’s degree level coursework required; master’s degree highly desirable.
Two years of experience in strategic marketing, admission or a related field required.
• Experience with student information systems (PeopleSoft preferred) and online marketing programs.
• Ability to act as a team member in a changing environment and support leadership efforts to promote strategic plans.
• Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated skill in the verbal and written expression of information, ideas, and policies.
• Ability to work autonomously and confidentially; able to make independent decisions, as appropriate; ability to set/attain goals, and initiate and follow through with new projects with minimal direction.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to contribute to and maintain a high-energy, high-volume office.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• A proactive customer service orientation.
• Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THESE FOUR PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: There are three questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer these three questions, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or using the Candidate Gateway online resume submission process, please call Human Resources at 410.837.5410 to ask for Candidate Gateway help or e-mail email@example.com.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.