Engage in a campuswide dialogue about the future of UB.
Planning process goals
- Implement an agile, participatory planning environment.
- Recognize UB’s role within the USM and the state plan for higher education.
- Cultivate collegial, fact-based dialogue to inform institutional decision-making and priority-setting.
- Engage campus shared governance bodies and utilize existing campus plans, reports and research.
- Coordinate with the articulation of an institution-wide academic plan.
- Develop planning approaches consistent with the dynamic changes in 21st-century higher education.
- Identify emerging trends in higher education that relate to the present and future University of Baltimore.
The UB community is engaged in a campuswide dialogue about the future University of Baltimore. This dialogue will lead to an updated strategic plan that will ensure UB's continued momentum and success amidst the dynamic evolution of 21st-century higher education.
As of May 2013, the planning process has resulted in two documents:
Next steps will include outreach to campus shared goverance and the larger UB community in the fall 2013 semester. Comments and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Strategic Planning Coordinating Committee
- coordinate campus dialogue and outreach regarding institutional values, priorities, goals and objectives
- align institutional planning with the USM in 2020 plan and the state plan for higher education
- explore, encourage and develop innovative approaches to the strategic planning process and product – including both deliberative (longer-term) and emergent (shorter-term) planning
- circulate draft documents for community input, including alumni and external stakeholders
- maintain planning timelines and assure project deliverables
- present final draft document to the campus shared governance bodies and the Executive Committee for final community review and adoption.
- Syed Ali, student, Merrick School of Business
- Samuel Brown, associate professor, College of Public Affairs
- Andrea Cantora, assistant professor, College of Public Affairs
- Dominique Clement, student,
- Jason Duncan, webmaster, Office of University Relations
- Charity Fox, assistant professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Daniel Hatcher, associate professor, School of Law
- Lucy Holman, director, Langsdale Library
- Josh Kassner, assistant professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Jeff LaNoue, project planner, Office of Facilities Management and Capital Planning
- Brigid Lawler, director, Office of Freshman Admissions
- Cornell Lynch, student, College of Public Affairs
- Billy Martin, student, Merrick School of Business
- Carol Molinari, associate professor, College of Public Affairs
- Taylor Novak, student, School of Law
- Nancy O'Neill, director, Center for Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology
- Mason Paris, director of applications, Office of Technology Services
- Alan Randolph, professor, Merrick School of Business
- Angela Vallario, associate professor, School of Law
- J. C. Weiss, executive in residence, Merrick School of Business
- Nancy Wright, contract specialist, Department of Procurement and Materials Management