Perfect your writing for whatever career you choose.
This minor allows you to supplement your major by developing strong communications and writing skills in a range of media and genres.
Requirements and Guidelines
- This minor requires you to have completed at least 24 credits with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- You may use a maximum of 6 credits to satisfy both major (degree) and minor requirements.
- You must earn at least a C (2.0) in each course you apply to the minor.
Minor Requirements (6 credits)
- Writing, Editing & Publishing (ENGL 323)
- Syntax, Semantics & Style (ENGL 390)
Electives (9 credits)
Choose three of the following:
- Computer Graphics: Publishing (CMAT 211)
- Magazine Design (CMAT 374)
- Argument & Persuasion (ENGL 321)
- Creative Writing Workshop: Creative Journalism (ENGL 386)
- Techniques of Popularization (ENGL 322)
- Public Relations Writing (ENGL 324)
- Introduction to Journalism (ENGL 325)
- Writing for Digital Media (ENGL 326)
- Copy Editing & Document Design (ENGL 402)
Faculty Contact: Professor Cheryl Wilson, 410.837.5203