Applying for financial aid requires two things: a co-operative relationship between you and the Office of Financial Aid and attention to detail. Below are some pointers for making the process as pain-free as possible:
- Apply for admission. Your application for financial aid will be reviewed once your application is complete and you have been accepted into a qualified academic program.
- Once you have been accepted you will receive a MyUB account. Access to all financial aid directions and forms are found on the left side under My Student Center. For assistance with logging into MyUB contact the OTS Call Center at 410.837.6262 or email@example.com.
- Reapply for aid every year. Complete your FAFSA every year as early as possible. The State of Maryland's priority deadline is March 1st. Remember your FAFSA PIN, you will need it often.
- Mark all documents clearly with your name and student ID number. If you do not know your ID number log into your MyUB and look for the My ID Information on the far right.
- Keep copies of everything.
- Processing of applications and awarding begins in late March/early April for new students and every June for returning students.
Tips to Avoid Delays in your Application
- Review your FAFSA (Student Aid Report) for accuracy.
- Determine the loan amount you will need for the academic year. See costs of attendance.
- Do not submit multiple loan changes.
- Keep your address current in your MyUB portal.
- Supply consistent, accurate information on your application.
- Submit documentation with any appeals you file. An appeal without documentation cannot be considered.
- Tell the Office of Financial Aid about any scholarships, graduate assistantships, or other outside resources you will receive.
Financial Aid for Graduate/Law Students
The major source of financial aid for a graduate or law student is the Federal Stafford Loan. Loan eligibility is based on your course of study, your enrollment level as well as your FAFSA documentation. The loan process is outlined on your MyUB, under Financial Aid.