This is where you start.
Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014
9 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
As a new student, your presence is required.
RSVP as soon as possible so we know you're coming.
This orientation is designed for you. During the day, you will:
- be welcomed into the UB community
- learn about campus resources and facilities (and where to go for what)
- get a feel for your academic requirements and how to build a path to success
- explore student services and ways to get involved
- get to know your classmates and faculty
- meet with program-specific directors and staff
- begin building relationships with UB community including faculty, staff and other students.
International Student Orientation Schedule
You'll attend all the sessions in the Orientation Schedule but participate in a special breakout session starting at 2:05 p.m.
2:05-3:45 p.m.: International Orientation (Required Breakout for International Students)
View a PDF of this schedule.
The day will begin in the Learning Commons.
9-9:45 a.m.: Check In, Continental Breakfast and Resource Fair, Eubie Photo Opportunity
9:50-10:20 a.m.: Welcome
10:25-11:25 a.m.: Academic Support Resources
11:35 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: Program-Specific Meetings
12:30-1 p.m.: Lunch With Dean's Office Staff, Program Directors, Faculty and Students
1:10-1:55 p.m.: Breakout Meetings Continued OR Tour OR Taking Care of Business
2:05-2:35 p.m.: Breakout Sessions: Select From Multiple Options
2:45-3:10 p.m.: Breakout Sessions: Select From Multiple Options
3:15-3:45 p.m.: Tour OR Taking Care of Business: Last-Minute Bee Card, Parking Voucher (Trade Assessments for Vouchers), Barnes & Noble Coupon Pick-Up, Etc.
The University of Baltimore is so excited to welcome you to campus.
Orientation is a requirement for all new students. If an emergency arises and you are unable to attend, please contact your admission counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to make alternate arrangements.