UB FIT! 2014
Registration for UB FIT! 2014 is open Dec. 2-Feb. 14. You can sign up as a four-person team or as an individual. You will be assigned to a team if you sign up as an individual based upon workout time availability. The $20 registration fee will be collected from each participant when they are accepted to the program. The following forms may be printed out at home or picked up in the Wellness Center (Academic Center, Room 306):
Team Registration Form
Click on the subjects below for more information on signing up, registration requirements and restrictions, and the benefits of signing up for UB FIT!
How Do I Sign Up?
- Print your Registration Packet or stop by the Wellness Center (AC 306)
- Fill out the Registration Packet and drop it off at the Wellness Center
- Discuss program requirements and changes with a Wellness Center Supervisor
- Pay your program fee and get ready to become fit!
- Must be a member of UB's Recreation Center
- Able to commit 2 to 4 hours a week
- Complete physician’s clearance from packet
- Participate in one group workout a week and one group challenge a week (approximately 2 hours)
- Keep an activity log and food journal through the program
- Willing to release results for publicity purposes
- Pay the program fee: $20.00 (due upon acceptance)
Registration Restrictions: The purpose of this program is to assist the UB community in a fun, educational and healthy way to lose weight. Restrictions will not be based upon BMI readings, but on body fat percentage. Women with a body fat% of <22% and men whose body fat% is <17 will not be permitted to participate in UBFIT! due to the risks associated with these underweight body fat percentages. The Assistant Director of Fitness and Wellness reserves the right to refuse an applicant’s participation based upon health concerns.
Current UB FIT! Participants will need the following forms:
Benefits of the Program
- Weekly challenge workout with all the contestants
- A UB Recreation Center Fitness Assessment
- Weekly Group Training session with your fitness instructor
- Weekly Weigh-Ins
- UB FIT! Program T-Shirt
- Fitness and Nutrition Journal
- Nutrition information and advice by a licensed dietitian
- Motivational Coaching
Please stop by the Wellness Center, e-mail us at email@example.com or call 410.837.5305 for more information.