Wellness is the state of well-being that's directed toward achieving and maximizing your individual potential. This is a lifelong process of moving toward improving your physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and environmental well-being. The six dimensions establish critical components of wellness, along with ways to analyze your personal level of wellness.
- Finding purpose and meaning in your life
- Defining values and beliefs
- Feeding your soul
The Recreation Center offers yoga classes and the use of a meditation room to members for relaxation.
- Continually learning and gaining new knowledge
- Pursuing opportunities that offer different experiences
- Setting and achieving your goals
The Wellness Center provides information that promotes creative thinking through exercise to evaluate mental awareness and activities that expand thoughts.
- Appreciating what's around you
- Having a place to go to relax and clear your mind
- Doing your part to protect your surroundings
Campus Recreation and Wellness provides the UB community with a facility where programs are created to improve both work and school life.
- Getting regular exercise
- Maintaining good nutrition
- Avoiding risky behaviors
The Wellness Center fills this dimension by offering the group exercise classes.
- Surrounding yourself with positive people
- Expanding your social network
- Respecting others values and beliefs while staying true to your own
Intramurals and Sports Club Programs are run at the Recreation Center to enable members to participate in team sports.
- Believing in yourself
- Having the ability to cope and adjust to challenges in a healthy way
- Enjoying life and staying optimistic
The Wellness Center coordinates regularly with the Counseling Center, as well as the Diversity and Culture Center, and has information available for those who may need it.