Write. Design. Integrate. You'll have the skills everyone's looking for.
You can also complete this program in convenient weekend and online formats at the
Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Md.
Conceptual thinking, professional writing and graphic design converge in this 36-credit Master of Arts program.
How the program works:
- You'll focus on the integration of words & images in fields such as:
- professional writing
- magazine editing and design
- public relations
- Web design
- interactive design
- advertising and corporate publications.
- You'll develop creative communication and publication strategies, master electronic tools and adapt to emerging technologies.
- You'll hone habits of analysis and imagination that will help you translate ideas into print and other media.
- In your dual capstone experience, you will develop a professional portfolio using the projects you have completed in the program, and you will work in a team to solve a major real-world design problem, as assigned by the faculty. An end-of-year competition will showcase your work and other projects in a public presentation.
Life after grad school:
As a graduate of this unusual program, you will follow alumni who have made their mark in a variety of local, regional and national settings as successful editors, writers, and Web and graphic designers. Some work for large corporations, some for small businesses, some for nonprofits and government agencies and others have created their own freelance and consulting businesses.
Classes are offered evenings and weekends, and some courses are offered in the summer.