Our goal is to directly connect real estate students with alumni, friends of UB, and real estate professionals in order to establish a variety of professional support.
Objectives of the program
- Provide students with career insights through interaction with professionals
- Promote student leadership and encourage experiential education involvement
- Offer contacts and networking opportunities in the students' fields of interest
Mentor Roles and Responsibilities
- Introduce the student to your professional network
- Provide an opportunity for the student to tour your company
- Involve the student in social and networking functions
- Assist the student with their professional development needs such as mock interviews, resume suggestions, and professional suggestions
Protégé’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage in learning about the mentor’s profession
- Attend networking events and/or business functions with mentor.
- Engage in mock interviews and other professional development
- Ask questions concerning professional opportunities.
During a Kickoff Reception, which will be held at the beginning of each semester, students will meet their mentors and discuss goals and expectations. Activities and the level of involvement in this program will be mutually agreed upon by both partners.
Students and mentors must sign a Mentorship Agreement and agree to meet at least once a month during the academic year. These meetings can include professional and social events, work related visits, luncheon discussions, and networking events. Mentors and Protégés will report to the program director on a periodic basis concerning activities.
To learn more contact the program's director, Professor Deborah Ford.