This Global Field Study abroad course fulfills the requirements for:
- MGMT 498/798 Global Field Study: Economic and Business Development in Emerging Markets in India (3 credits)
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed MGMT 302. All students must be in good academic standing.
- The travel dates are January 13-22, 2012. There will be two pre-travel meetings from the end of November through the beginning of Dec and two post-travel meetings. The exact date, time and location for each of those meetings will be announced later. During the trip, we will be visiting two of India's business hubs: Mumbai and Bangalore. We will spend roughly four days in each of the two cities.
Global Field Study Course to India
January 13-22, 2012.
Did you miss the October 5th information session? Click here to view more about what you missed at the session pertaining to studying in India.
Course Design and Schedule:
Visiting India will be a unique and transformative experience as you will bear witness to a totally different culture and business climate. Your experience will include visits to two Indian cities, Bangalore, which is the hi-tech center or "Silicon Valley" of India, and Mumbai, which is India's business and financial center. You'll learn how businesses have overcome logistical, regulatory and development barriers to start up, expand and, yes, outsource to one of the world's fastest growing economies today.
Total Cost: The estimated cost for travel, lodging, and local transportation is approximately $3,612. The Wright Global Scholars fund will provide scholarships up to a maximum of $1,200 to eligible students. Interested Merrick School of Business students must submit a Wright Global Scholarship Application.
- For more information about this course please contact Prof. Seema Iyer, email@example.com.
- For permission to enroll and to deliver your scholarship application, please contact Asst. Dean Lisa Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trip Cost and Payment Schedule:
- October 13, 2011, Online Registration opens and $800 deposit is due
- October 25, 2011, Registration Deadline & $1,400 of program cost due
- November 14, 2011, Final Payment of $1412 due
Course Registration and Deadline:
- All students will be registered for either MGMT 498 or MGMT 798 in the Winterim 2012 session after the initial payment has been submitted.
Course Tuition Due:
- Friday, January 6, 2012
1 A minimum of 15 students is required for this study tour to take place.
Final payment amount is dependent upon individual scholarship awards.
In addition to the trip cost students are responsible for the tuition and fees for the 3-credit course.