Global Wright Scholarships
The purpose of these scholarships is to enhance student understanding of, and appreciation for, the global context in which businesses operate.
The scholarships are to be used to help Merrick School of Business students take advantage of international study abroad opportunities.
Types of Activities that Qualify for these Scholarships
- Study abroad courses offered by UB
- Course-embedded study abroad options in UB courses
- Study abroad at foreign universities
- International internships
- Undergraduate/graduate degree seeking students in the Merrick School of Business in good standing at the University of Baltimore who have completed at least 6 credits in their program of study.
- The scholarship is limited to once per student per degree program at UB.
- Documentation must be supplied indicating acceptance for an internship or course that is not directly related to a UB course (for example, study at a foreign university).
- Evidence must be provided that the foreign university/institute is accredited (or other evidence of quality – such as being a partner school of the UB).
- For programs/ courses with UB partner schools around the globe, students must sign up for independent study credits at UB to receive credit for the course and to be eligible for Wright Global Business Scholars funds.
• The monetary level of the scholarship will be set annually and is based on fund availability.
Procedure for Application for a Scholarship Award
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Interested applicants should complete a Wright Business Scholars Application Form to Assistant Dean Lisa Park.
- Decision will be made by the Merrick School of Business Office of the Dean.
- Awards will be announced in a timely fashion following submission of an application and depending on the timing of the experience for which the student is applying.
- Recipients of the scholarship must sign the Wright Global Business Scholarship Acceptance of Terms form and submit it to Assistant Dean Lisa Park.