You already know about the "real world." And you know what it means to fulfill a commitment. Now you're focused on what's next in your career and in your life.
The University of Baltimore recognizes the important strengths that military and veteran students contribute to our campus. We also recognize the distinct challenges you face. That's why we're here to serve you.
- We're backed by a million-dollar commitment. The Bob Parsons Veterans Center was established with a whole lot of support from its namesake donor, alumnus and Marine Corps veteran Bob Parsons, who has a vision to turn UB into a national model for serving veteran students.
- We're more than just a nameplate on a door. Our veterans center is a fully staffed campus space where you can connect with military and veteran resources and students. Inside, you'll find computer labs, a kitchenette and a lounge.
- We make it our mission to find you benefits. Our staff understands the ins and outs of military and veteran transcripts and education benefits. We’ll evaluate your situation and determine the most efficient—and the most cost-effective—way for you to earn your degree.
- We want you to get involved. Our two military student groups are more than 110 members strong and growing. We also offer peer mentoring and special recognition events during the week of Veterans Day. Learn more about veteran-focused programs and services on campus.
- We'll waive your application fee. To honor those who have served, the University of Baltimore is pleased to provide an application fee waiver to our military and veteran applicants. Please contact Jasmine Fleming, military and veteran admission counselor, at 410.837.6677 to request a fee waiver code.
meet our military students
Major: Business Administration
Served: U.S. Navy
“My experience with UB has been excellent. There are many clubs as well as student activities one can join. UB also welcomes veteran students through The Bob Parsons Veterans Center. Think of it as a USO on campus, a home away from home.”
Major: Digital Communication
Served: U.S. Army
“UB has shown me different ways to approach exams or simply everyday life as a college student as opposed to tackling my classes on a military mindset. I believe military standards will always be within me, but UB has also taught me how to live within the civilian community again.”
Major: Criminal Justice
"Through the Bob Parsons Veterans Center I was able to learn that UB cares about their veteran students."
UB's Military Friendly School ranking indicates the University is among the top 20 percent of schools nationwide in delivering an outstanding experience for military students.
UB is part of the Yellow Ribbon Program, an agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed those payable under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. UB will offer $1,000 to 10 qualified students, and the VA will match those funds.
UB is among a select group of universities in full compliance with the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014, which ensures in-state tuition to veterans and their qualified family members.
Offices of Admission
Academic Center, Room 117
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Saturdays (first and third): 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Check Your Application Status
You can check your application status, review and update your information, or submit any documents through MyUB.