Core Courses (12 credits)
- Interaction and Interface Design (IDIA 612)
- Proseminar (IDIA 810)
- Methods for User Research (IDIA 842)
- The Digital Economy (PBDS 720)
Working with a doctoral adviser, you will choose appropriate graduate-level courses to fulfill the following course, special topics and project requirements.
Practical Skills Courses (9 credits)
Choose three advanced courses from the following areas. One of these courses must be IDIA 616: Designing for Mobile Web, IDIA 618: Dynamic Websites or IDIA 619: Interactive Multimedia.
- Graphic Design/Videography
- Interaction and Information Design
Areas of Focus (9 credits)
Select three courses from one of the following areas:
- Government/Public-Sector Applications
- Interaction Design for New Media
- Educational Applications
- User Research
Electives (6 credits)
See a list of elective course offerings.
Project-Related Work (12 credits)
- D.S. Project, 12 credits (IDIA 899)